Sunday, January 19, 2014

Washing Your Washing Machine

I was ever-so-lucky- to receive a apartment sized washer and dryer for Christmas right after my daughter was born... LIFE SAVER!!!  I wasn't aware how much laundry I would be doing with a newborn and the thought of hauling it up and down the 2 flights of stairs just to do it was not happening.

I have been using it for just over a year now and decided that it is time to clean the thing... Kind of a strange concept.. cleaning the washing machine... but it needs to be done!

I found this great blog over at onegoodthingbyjillee.com which was exactly what I needed.

The steps I followed are:
1.  Fill washer with HOT water.
2.  Add 1L of bleach
3.  Let agitate for 1 minute
4.  Let HOT water and bleach sit in washer for 1 hour.
5.  Run the longest cycle with Bleach water.
6.  Fill washer with HOT water and Add 1L of white vinegar
7.  Let agitate for 1 minutes.
8.  Let HOT water and vinegar sit for 1 hour.
9.  Run through one more time.

That's it!  It is a little time consuming, in the sense that it just sits for a couple hours but this will refresh your washer and make it ready for all the dirt and grim we put into it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment