Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Minky Baby Blankets

A while ago my mother was making some quilts for all the new babies that were arriving and I fell in love with minky.  Its super soft and comes in various colors and patterns.  Here are a few of the baby blankets I have made with minky.



Minky is such a nice fabric.. once its finished.  Its not the friendliest to work with, as it sheds when you cut it and slides all around when you sew it.  I've learned a lot from making blankets with it.  The tricks that seemed to work well for me were: pin, pin, pin (I pinned every couple of inches; I know, overkill, but better than having to do it all over again if the fabric slips) and I found a temporary spray adhesive that works very well to keep the layers from slipping around (Michaels, 505 Temporary Spray Adhesive, $15).

No comments:

Post a Comment