Friday, September 20, 2013

DIY Carpet Cleaner

Pin SUCCESS!!!

OK, here it is!  DISGUSTING!!  This is the carpet at the sliding door in my living room.   Its always been my most hated spot because it has high traffic and drinks along with other things get spilled here often.  To be honest, I kind of gave up on my carpet in this area...

Today, during my Pinterest browsing I found this article 31 Ways to Deep Clean Your Home.  I was scrolling through when I found this, How to Clean Stubborn Carpet Stains.  With a lot of skepticism  decided to try it out.  I didn't have a spray bottle so I just used a small measuring cup and liberally poured the water-vinegar solution on the spot I was working on at the moment.  

At first, I have to admit, I didn't think this was working and I almost gave up... but I decided not to give up and used my hot rag (from the iron) and began working the stain out of the carpet with a little elbow grease.  I went over the area once more with just water and no vinegar and this is how it turned out.  The picture on the left was still a little bit damp but the stains are pretty much GONE!!!  I still don't believe my eyes.


1 comment:

  1. Your blogs and its stuff are so notable and worthwhile it can make me return. The Carpet Cleaner Cardiff

    ReplyDelete